Our School offers an innovative, learner-centered academic program that gives students the opportunity to explore their talents, take risks in learning and discover new interests in a secure and nurturing environment. Students are taught to think critically and creatively about the world around them and to find and pursue their individual paths with passion and confidence.
Teachers at Raymonds are expert in their disciplines and committed to designing engaging and effective learning experiences for students. Technology is utilized as a tool to support learning across all content areas and to foster communication, collaboration, and creation. Our small class size enables faculty to get to know their students as individuals and to provide meaningful guidance and support to them.
Please scroll down to learn more about the academic program at Raymonds.
Learn By Doing
The School program reflects the commitment to meeting and nurturing the unique developmental needs of the young adolescent learner. All aspects of the program are thoughtfully designed to ensure that our 500 or so students experience a program that elicits and supports their academic, social, behavioral, physical, and emotional development. Our faculty members understand and enjoy the unique challenges and rewards of working with young students. The teachers share their knowledge and passion for their subject area in exciting and meaningful ways that build on the students’ natural curiosity and foster interactive, participatory and discovery learning. Our teachers also serve as advisors, developing personal connections.
In the course of the day, Our School students attend fine and performing arts, physical education and english language classes in addition to their math, science, social studies and language arts classes. After school, may students can be found on the athletic fields or in the performance halls participating in our rich extracurricular program. Whether reciting a dramatic monologue, passing a lacrosse ball, collecting a water sample or creating individual poetry websites, our students enjoy a day full of exciting learning experiences that contribute to the development of the whole child.
Beyond the Books - Fine Arts
The Fine Arts fosters creativity and an innovative spirit to prepare students for their future. The arts act as a pathway to explore and celebrate our diverse perspectives and talents while building respect and connection with community.
The arts are woven into Raymonds School’s curriculum through course offerings, afternoon activities and extracurricular opportunities, and through integrating elements of the arts throughout humanities courses.
Students learn and hone their skills in a wide variety of areas including drama, dance, music and visual arts. Our faculty works with students at every level–whether they are learning the basics or building a serious portfolio.
The goal of Counseling Services at Raymonds is to support the school’s mission to educate the whole child by focusing on the social and emotional development of students. In particular, the counselors are available to assist students for whom social and emotional issues are affecting their learning process or general development. Brief, solution-oriented counseling is provided to individual students. Short-term educational and support groups may also be available. The counselors also serve parents, providing guidance on issues related to adolescent development, parenting, and the student’s school experience. When students or families require support that extends beyond the means of Raymonds staff, or when parents request it, the school provides parents with referral information regarding professional services in the community.
Students and parents are encouraged to contact their school at any time. Telephone number and email address are listed above for your convenience.
Students who participate in debate acquire important skills that help them succeed in school and in careers that value clear communication. As John F. Kennedy said that “the give and take of debating, the testing of ideas, is essential to democracy,” and leaders in such diverse fields as law, newscasting, and business management attest to the contribution that school debate made to their careers. Debating builds confidence in speaking in front of audiences as well as in interpersonal communications. Good debaters present articulate, logical arguments and defend their arguments with tact and grace. They develop skills in research, writing, persuasive speaking, time management, and thinking clearly under pressure. The Raymonds debate courses cover logic and methods of argument, as well as philosophy pertinent to our topics.
This could be Pune's Most Curious school.
Student culture at Raymonds is built on the foundation of curiosity.
This is a place to discover.
To ask yourself, why? And, why not?
In Primary School, this might mean participating in a mock trial or great debate. Or writing a one-act play.
In Secondary School, our culture is not grade driven. We don’t even calculate GPA. Instead, students are given freedom to explore their own interests — in class and outside. This might mean creating your own independent study or Discovery Term course. It could mean signing up for an internship to explore career goals.
Raymonds Academy students wrote the code.
“The Honor Code”.
Student culture revolves around this simple phrase, written for students, by students.
“As a member of the Raymonds Academy community, I am responsible for acting with respect, integrity, and compassion.”
This is a guiding force behind student culture at the school. Community and collaboration are essential. It is a part of our DNA. We expect everybody to engage and contribute. We work together to test new ideas, ask lots (and lots) of questions, and take smart risks.
Raymonds will create institutional flexibility to facilitate innovative and dynamic learning experiences.
- Create institutional mechanisms to strengthen and sustain a robust culture of innovation
- Create collaborative time for students and faculty to engage in nontraditional, bold learning opportunities within and across divisions
- Review and revise our academic programming to reflect our commitment to student-centered learning
Raymonds will foster the intellectual and cultural elasticity needed to adapt and thrive in the world.
- Enable community members to identify and delve deeply into areas of passion
- Ensure community members have opportunities to expand cultural awareness and develop cultural competence
Raymonds will strengthen existing relationships and build new connections to embrace multiple perspectives and opportunities.
- Improve access and exposure to Schools news, events, and opportunities for participation in community life
- Establish an accessible network of Raymonds community members to strengthen relationships and share expertise
- Seek out opportunities with other schools, organizations, and individuals to gather and share knowledge, inspiration, and innovations
Raymonds will build the professional and learning environments necessary to realize our strategic vision
- Identify and implement enhancements to the school’s culture and operations
- Identify and implement improvements to the campus
- Design and implement a funding program
After School programs
Get In Touch
Location: Raymonds School, Awhalwadi Rd, Wagholi, Pune, Maharashtra 412207
Mobile: (+91) 9075777434
Email: [email protected]
School Hours: M-F: 8am – 2pm
How To Register Your Child for Raymonds School
Call For Inquiry
(+91) 9075 – 777-434
- Learning is an iterative and interdependent process.
- Taking risks, embracing struggle, and developing resilience are essential to deep and life-long learning.
- Individuals must develop self-awareness as learners and take ownership of their learning.
- Clear, ongoing, and timely feedback elicits self-‐reflection and drives growth.
- Physical, social, and emotional balance is essential for learning and well-‐being.
- The most impactful learning occurs where people, disciplines, and ideas connect to address human and community needs.
- Inclusive environments create a secure and affirming culture that enables both the individual and the community to flourish.
- Excellent teaching is the foundation of an outstanding learning community.